Covid-19 Response Policy
We are open for business and Covid-19 Certified.
We complete daily cleaning and spraying of surfaces and a deep cleaning of the total facility, “social distancing” spaces, plexiglass wall at our desk and USTA guidelines implemented. We have also increased our HVAC system to increase air circulation to the tennis courts. Also, follow us on Facebook for important updates. Thank you for understanding and we appreciate your loyalty and patronage to the club during this time. If you are not receiving our regular Constant Contact email with updates please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apex Racket and Fitness
Covid-19 Response Policy
Our policy at Apex Racket and Fitness with respect to COVID-19 notification is as follows:
Should we be made aware that an individual who has recently used our facility has tested positive for COVID-19, Apex Racket and Fitness will review its records through our front desk software and reach out to notify anyone who, within a 7 to 10-day period, played with that individual on the same tennis court, racquetball court, wallyball court, squash court, table tennis, or golf simulator.
If the individual who tested positive for COVID-19 played in a USTA tennis match at the club, the Maine USTA League Coordinator will be notified by Apex.
The Maine CDC also works directly with individuals who tested positive and provides guidelines to them about contacting those with whom they have had direct contact. (Apex will not become involved in that process due to privacy considerations)
Due to privacy laws, specifically around HIPPA, we are not able to publicly release the name of anyone who has tested positive.
If you have been made aware of a direct contact with an individual who tested positive for COVID-19, we recommend you contact your doctor immediately about next steps.
We will do our best to notify those who, while at our facility, have had direct contact with an individual who we learn has tested positive for COVID-19. We also will continue with the following at our facility to minimize exposure to COVID-19:
– Employees will wear face masks and all of our customers will wear face masks when they enter the facility.
– Social distancing is to be observed in the lobby and other off-court areas of the club.
– If you have a fever or feel unwell, do not come to the club for a clinic or match
– If you have traveled outside of the approved states that require a 14-day quarantine, please do not come into our facility unless you have passed the 14-day quarantine period.
– If you have tested positive for COVID-19, please follow your doctor’s guidelines relating to quarantining and resuming normal activities.
– If you have had direct contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, please contact your doctor and follow your doctor’s instructions on how to proceed.
Our policy is that anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 needs to be released form the Maine CDC COVID-19 watchlist. We also ask that individuals follow the guidance they are receiving from their physician for return to normal life routines, which includes returning to Apex.
Face coverings must be worn during the entire duration of your visit to the facility. Please bring your own face covering.
If you have a medical exemption to the mask order please alert the front desk staff and anyone on your court. Per the State Order as of 12/11/2020 a reasonable accommodation is that the player is to wear a face shield, should a customer be unwilling to abide by the State order they can be asked to vacate the facility.