Junior Tennis Programs
At Apex Racket and Fitness, our junior program is designed to provide growth opportunities for kids of all ages and levels. Proper tennis technique, movement, and strategy are incorporated into every session. From our beginner 10u class to our Academy, all clinics are led by experienced professionals eager to work with you to achieve your tennis goals. Please click on links below for more info on what we have to offer! Click here to download the Junior Tennis Programs PDF.
Drop-in rates are available, however you must gain prior approval from the tennis professional running the class.
10U Tennis (5-10 years old) More Info
The 10U program introduces young players to the game of tennis. Age appropriate tennis skills as well as the lead up skills required to be an athlete and a tennis player are taught in a fun, active environment.
- 60 minute sessions
- Stroke development, spin creation
- High activity games/fun competition
- Match play and Friday night events
- Prepare for 12u advanced or Green Ball
Advanced 12U (8-12 years old)More Info
Our Advanced 12U program is designed for the competitive student seeking the opportunity to advance their game to the next level. Graduates from the 12U program can expect to join the Academy.
- 90 minute intensive sessions
- Tennis specific movements, fitness
- Strategy, court awareness, prepare for matches
- UTR match play encouraged
- Supplement for Academy training
Green Ball (11-13 years old)More Info
Green Ball clinics are designed for players who want to continue to improve their tennis skills, or older players just starting out in the game.
- 90 minute practice sessions
- For those picking up tennis at an older age or those needing more practice before Academy or Teen Tennis
- Fun, stroke learning, rallying, games
- Match play events with 10u and 12u Advanced
Apex Academy (11-18 years old) More Info
Apex Academy provides Maine’s highest quality training environment for the aspiring junior tennis player. Our balanced coaching style develops consistency, situational awareness, and the ability to train well with others.
- For those looking to compete in USTA or college
- 2 hour structured sessions including fitness time
- Goal-based training, prepare for competitions
- UTR match play and USTA travel team
- College tennis counseling, recruiting videos
Teen Tennis (12-18 years old) More Info
Our Teen Programs include HS Beginners, MS/HS Training, and HS Training. Whether you are just starting out in tennis, or have a basic knowledge of the game but need to work on your consistency, or are interested in playing for your Varsity High School Team, our Teen Programs offer a social, active and fun learning environment for all!
- 90 minute training sessions
- For beginner, middle school & high school level players
- Social, active, fun learning environment
- Match Play, tournament play encouraged
- Enjoy the game of tennis